Every year after the "Karrierewoche" (Career Week) in spring, students of the BCI Faculty who are about to enter professional life and who are members of the Alumni Association (membership is free for students) have the opportunity to receive advice and coaching from alumni of the faculty.
The application procedure for alumni mentoring runs online via the alumni representative and coordinator for teaching and studies, who also carries out the matching of mentors and mentees with the help of the association.
Mentoring has the following goals:
- Supporting students at the end of their studies and in their transition to a career
- Getting to know possible career profiles
- Clarification of questions about applying for internships and jobs
- Advice and reflection on the direction of the degree programme and the choice of specialisations
- Personal acquaintance with alumni
After an initial conversation (usually online) to get to know each other and clarify the individual goals of the mentoring, there will follow - depending on the student's wishes - for example, a review of application documents, online meetings or even on-site visits. The mentoring usually takes place in a group; wishes are taken into account.